To calculate your body mass index (BMI), simply input your height and weight in the fields below and click the “Calculate” button. The chart below will show where your BMI score falls in the international standard set by the World Health Organization & Center for Disease Control. Scroll below the calculator for information regarding BMI.
Powered by BMI Calculator
Visual Reference Table
- Understanding Nutrition, by Whitney and Rolfes. Uses NHANES II classification.
- National Population Health Survey 1996/1997. (Canadian data n=77,403 age & sex stratified.)
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. June 17, 1998
- Nutrition Canada, Anthropometry Report 1980 of data from Nutrition-Canada Survey 1971. (n=13,691)
- Department of Health and Human Services Consensus Conference on Obesity, April,1 1992
- NHANES III. 1988-1994 data from USA.
- World Health Organization. Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. Report of a WHO consultation on obesity. World Health Organization. Geneva, 1998.
- McDowell A, Engel A, Massey J, Maurer K. Plan and operation of the second National Health and Nutrition Survey, 1976-80.
- Kuczmarski RJ, Flegal KM. Criteria for definition of overweight in transiation: background and recommendations for the United States. Am J Clin Nutr 2000; 72:1075-1081.
- Standards Committee, American Society of Obesity Surgery; Obesity Surgery. Dec. 1997; 7:523
Comments are purely for informational purposes and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Disclaimer